Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Tuesdays Teaser

Since it's Tuesday... y'all know what that mean; you get a sneak peek at chapter 7 of The Art of Redemption. Sorry it's coming so late in the evening though, we had some errands to run in the middle of a snow storm. We currently have about 4 inches and are expected to still get more. Oh boy.

Anywho... here's the Tuesday Teaser of chapter 7! As always, it's unedited so please excuse any mistakes.

***

In the blink of an eye, I had Peter pinned to the wall with one of my hands around his neck. I could feel Bella’s fear for Peter and reveled in it; her fear feeding the monster within.

“Jasper let him go!” Bella screamed and he roared again.

“Who the fuck do you think you are? Touchin’ my mate?! Keep your hands off of what don’t belong to you! She is MINE!” I roared and Peter smirked. I could still feel Bella’s terror but it was masked by a shit storm of anger.

“Jasper Whitlock, let go of Peter or so help me…” Bella said authoritatively. I didn’t relent. This fucker would have to learn. He can’t go around kissin’ my girl and get away with that shit. “I said let him go. NOW!” she roared. I could feel her eyes glaring at me. My grip on Peter’s neck loosened as I let him go.
When I turned around, I was met with the beautiful site of Bella’s fury. She was glaring daggers at me and, if looks could kill, I would be nothing but a smoldering pile of ash at her feet. Her jaw clenched and unclenched as she continued to glare at me. Her eyes were getting darker and darker with each passing second.

“Thanks Kitten,” Peter said quietly to Bella. She looked at him and her expression softened as she smiled at him. Then it went right back to scowling when she looked back at me. She pinched the bridge of her nose – something she picked up from Edward – before speaking.

“You’re no different than Edward is. Well newsflash, I don’t fucking belong to anyone!”

“Isabella…” I started, but she cut me off.

“I don’t want to fucking hear it. I’m out of here… and don’t even fucking think about following me or you’re or I’ll make sure you see some shit you obviously don’t want to see,” she said, spinning on her heel and running towards the door.

Big fuckin’ mistake. You don’t run away from the Major. He didn’t like it. “Isabella!”

“Fuck you!”

I was in front of her in a heartbeat and had her up against a wall, with one hand on each side of her. Peter and Charlotte weren’t far behind me. “Where do you think you’re goin’ Little Girl?”

Her eyes narrowed. But she said nothing.

“You’d do well to answer me,” I said, nuzzling her neck. I could feel her resolve starting to waver.

“Fuck you.”

“That could be arranged.”

“Go to hell.”

“Isabella…” she was still angry, but lust was starting to take over. Then it went right back to anger.

“If you think you scare me, you’re more delusional than I thought,” she said calmly. I checked her emotions and there was anger, a ton of anger, and lust. But there wasn’t an ounce of fear to be felt. “Let me go Jasper. NOW!” I reluctantly took a step back and she scooted around me and out the door.

I looked at Pete and Char, not sure what to do. Peter looked over at Charlotte and nodded his head in the direction of the door.

“Wait for me Sug!” she yelled before running to catch up with Bella.

“I fucked that up didn’t I?” I asked Peter, turning to look at him.

“Yup.”

0 comments: