Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Tuesday...erm... Wednesday Teaser

This was honestly supposed to be up yesterday. Unfortunately, I've been without power and internet for over thirty hours now thanks to some badass windstorm that killed eleven power poles. Now I'm rentin' me a nice humongous generator and it is as loud as loud can be. Anyway without any more delay, the teaser for chapter 6 of The Art of Redemption.

PPOV

Jasper was a fuckin’ moron. A moron who didn’t know what the hell he had, even if it was starin’ him right in the face. How could he not see how perfect Kitten was for him? How could he not see that she was his true mate? In all my years, I ain’t ever seen the Major take to a human like he had Bella Swan. Hell, I ain’t ever seen him take to a human… unless he was eatin’ ‘em.

But Kitten was different. She would be his rock and not take any of his shit. She would help him reclaim who he was while lettin’ the Major shine through. She was just like him too… except she had a pussy. And I knew he could feel the pull to her, he just wouldn’t acknowledge it.

Char and I had known all along that Alice wasn’t his mate. The Major’s mate would have to be strong and be able to put up with his shit without takin’ any of it. Not turn him into some overeager Bambi-munchin’ lapdog that would do as he was told, when he was told to do it.

So here I was keys in hand and ready to go talk some sense into him. Just as I was about to open the door, my gorgeous wife wrapped her arms around my body. “Where do ya think you’re goin’ Sug?” she purred seductively.

He’s gonna fuckin’ owe me.

God help me, I really didn’t want to say this. “The Major needs me Char.”

I heard her sigh before she pulled away and I turned to face her. “Make him understand Peter. He’s finally found her… don’t let him fuck it up and lose her,” she said with a smile. She didn’t have to say it, but I knew Char was excited to meet her new sister. Even without meeting her, she was attached to her and it was going to be hard to keep her away for much longer. If I was bein’ honest, I was pretty sure she already had Kitten’s room done.

After a less than chaste kiss with the wifey, I jumped in the Tahoe and was on the way to Kitten’s apartment building to straighten out the mess the Major had caused. Or, at least, preventin’ said mess from happening.
It didn’t take long to get to her apartment building. From what I could tell, she lived in a nice area. It wasn’t cheap building but it suit her just fine. I parked the Tahoe next to a new black Camaro. When I got out of the truck, I could smell both Jasper and Kitten near the car. I could only assume it was hers.

She’s got taste. I’ll give her that.

Something told me to go to the back of the building. So that’s where I went. My ‘gift’ had never steered me wrong before so I sure as fuck wasn’t gonna question it now. I had always been, even when I was human, able to see what others couldn’t. Now, I couldn’t see the future like the pocket pixie but most of the time… I just knew shit. And it’s because of that that I was currently standing below Kitten’s balcony trying to sort out this mess and make the Major see the truth.

I leapt up and landed on the balcony that Jasper had been frequenting every night for the last week or so. Inside, I could hear Kitten’s steady breathin’ and heartbeat indicating that she was fast asleep.
“What the fuck do you want?” Jasper hissed from inside the apartment.

“To talk,” I said as I jiggled the handle to the French door. The door was unlocked so it opened easily and I stepped through the sheer green curtain and into her room. Her room was clean with just enough disarray to make it have a homey feel to it with pictures on every free surface.

Bella’s delicate, slightly tropical scent permeated the air. But instead of wanting to drain her dry, I wanted to protect her. Protect her from the evils of the world… protect her from heartache. Jasper snorted.

“That happens a lot around her. That sudden urge to protect her,” he said quietly as he looked at the sleeping girl in his arms. He had his right arm around her body while she was snuggled against his body, her arms clinging to him for dear life. She fit against him perfectly. I smiled.

“What’s so amusin’?”

“You.”

“What the fuck you talkin’ ‘bout?”

“It’s just…fuck man, I’ve never seen you this comfy with a human. You’re either ignoring ‘em or eatin’ ‘em. Not snugglin’ up with ‘em.”

“I ain’t snugglin’. And Bella’s… different.”

“No shit she’s different. Jesus, can’t you see what’s right in front of you?” I walked over and sat down on the end of the bed. When I put my hand on her covered foot, Jasper growled in warning.

“Don’t touch her,” he hissed and it was pretty fuckin’ clear that the Major was protectin’ his little lady.

I didn’t move my hand. Instead, I just smiled. “See, that shit right there, that’s what I’m talkin’ about. You’re protectin’ her for a reason Major.” His jaw was clenched and his eyes were fixated on the hand I had on Bella’s foot. He growled again and I removed my hand. I really didn’t want to lose it, that shit hurts.

“Why?”

“It’s simple. She belongs to you just as much as you belong to her. Major, she’s your mate. And whether you realize it or not, you already love her, just like she already loves you.”

I could see that he was warring with himself. A part of him was happy that he had finally found her. The other part was confused as all get out. He furrowed his brows and slowly shook his head no. “She can’t be my mate Peter. I tried to attack her four years ago. It’s not possible.”

0 comments: