Monday, November 8, 2010

The Art of Redemption Teaser: Chapter 5

Hello readers!

Here is the teaser for chapter 5 of The Art of Redemption...you do know what that means right? It means that the new chapter will be up in a few days!

Also, don't forget to follow me on twitter to know when teasers and updates are available: @cowgirl_amber


***

They didn’t come out for another twenty minutes but man was the wait worth it. Bella was in a pair of tight, dark was jeans with a pair of black strappy heels. Her top was blood red and hugged her curves in all the right places.

“Oh! I forgot my contacts!” she exclaimed while whipping around and running to her room. The shirt was draped low in the back and had a panel in the mid back to keep it closed. But what caught my eye the most was the tattoo on her right shoulder blade.

La vendetta รจ un atto di passione; la vendetta di giustizia. Le ferite sono revenged; i crimini sono vendicati*. Under the elegant script was a heart with the names of her parents and, presumably, the date they were killed by Victoria.

BPOV

I knew that Drew loved me and was just looking out for me but I swear, he was getting on my last nerve! He didn’t know about both of my failed relationships and, to be honest, I didn’t know if I ever wanted him to.

Did I want love? Yes, of course I did. What girl doesn’t? But after having my heart ripped out not once but twice, I was terrified of love. Sure, one night stands with random strangers and nights with the trusty rabbit were physically satisfying, they were emotionally draining. Did I want to tell Drew that I had feelings for Jasper? Yes. But for some reason, and it could quite possibly be the fact that he could hear me, I didn’t.

Once I reached the bathroom, I put in my crimson contacts and took in my final appearance. My eye makeup was smoky and gray and paired with some fuckhot red lips. I had straightened my hair and just a few wisps were turned out. I sighed. I couldn’t wait for my hair to grow back. Drew had suggested that I cut it short so I did. Big mistake; there were only so many things I could do with it.

I miss my long hair.

After my contacts were in and I was relatively satisfied with my looks, I went back out to the living room.

Drew and Kevin were already waiting by the front door. “I’m starting to think I should get a pair of those, everyone else is. I don’t get it B, vampires don’t even exist!”

“And how do you know that?” I countered. From the corner of my eye, I could see Jasper smirk.
“Well have you ever seen one?”

“Have you?” I said with a raised eyebrow.

“Well…no. But they don’t exist!”

I looked at Jasper and shook my head, trying my damndest to not chuckle. I turned my attention back to Drew, “and how could you be so sure? What do you think Jasper?”

He smirked again. “Couldn’t tell ya.”

We walked down to the parking lot and Drew turned towards his car. “I’m taking my car tonight B, I’m going back to Kevin’s after work,” he said and smiled apologetically.

I shrugged my shoulders. “No problem. That just means I get to take mine, I don’t get to taker her out to often anymore,” I said with a sigh. I missed driving my car. “Hey Drew?”

“Yea B?”

“I’ll race ya.”

“You’re on little girl.”

I grabbed Jasper’s hand and pulled him towards the car, “come on, I’m not losing!”

***

There ya have it folks, the unedited teaser for chapter 5. See ya in a few days for the new chapter!

Amber

0 comments: