Friday, November 12, 2010

Fic-rec Friday is finally back!

I know, I know. It's been forever since I've done a fic-rec Friday but I've been so busy! This week's fic comes from both ff.net and twiwrite.net and is one of my absolute favorite pairings...Carlisle/Bella. I've decided to do a little somethin' different with my fic-recs. When we get to the review portion, I'm breaking it up into actual story line and then writing style to, hopefully, give you a better representation and to make your decision a little easier on whether you want to read it or not. So let's get at it.


Pairing: Carlisle/Bella

Rating: MA for violence and sexual content

Summary: After the abrupt departure of the Cullens in New Moon, Bella grows up and moves on with her life. Unfortunately for the Cullens, she has grown up into this evil scientist hellbent on revenge. Due to Carlisle being the patriarch of the Cullen clan, she blames him for their leaving her and seeks her revenge on him first. Eventually, Bella falls in love with Carlisle after turning him human, once again, and into the famous actor, Peter Facinelli. Will she send him back to his coven or try her damndest to keep him for herself? How about if his life was on the line?

Review: To be perfectly honest, I didn't know if I was going to be able to get into this story because I really didn't like the torturing that Bella did to poor Carlisle. But, I decided to give it a chance and I'm so glad I did. After Bella finally falls in love with Carlisle, after turning him human, the story really blossoms. After Carlisle wakes up from getting turned back into a human, she convinces him that they were married and he was in a coma for three months and that his names is Peter Facinelli (that part I wasn't thrilled with). Eventually, Esme comes looking for him and is on the hunt for some Bella blood. As far as actually storyline goes, I would give it 5 stars since it has a tone of potential and is actually a good read once you get passed some errors.

As far as the writing style goes...it's good. If you have read her previous stories, you can definitely tell that she has improved but could still use a good beta...or a better one if she has one. I'm also not completely thrilled with her turning Jasper into a rapist...from a big J/B fan; that's just not cool. I also think that she could really use more background information on her characters as it is a  little lacklustre. For writing style, I would give her 2.75 stars.

0 comments: