Monday, December 6, 2010

Mondays Musings

So yeah, this last week completely sucked. On Wednesday, my drain pipes decided to freeze or something like that. Then, I haven’t really been able to find any new, well-written Jasper/Bella fics… which actually ties into my musings for this week. So let’s get started.

• To all the writers out there in the fandom, this one is to you. If you say you accept constructive criticism, expect the worst. Or, if you say you accept constructive criticism, don’t go off on someone for pointing out that every other word in your sentences are spelled incorrectly or your grammar needs work. Honestly, if you say you accept it, please don’t cry when you get it and, for the love of Jackson, PLEASE don’t go off on the reviewer. You’re the one that said you accept it. Live with it.

              o If you know that your spelling is horrible… please fix it. Don’t get pissed off when I tell you that you have numerous mistakes and that you should really go over your chapter prior to submitting your chapter or get a beta. I’m so sick and tired of seeing stories with so much potential ruined by horrible grammar, punctuation and spelling. Especially after reading seven in a row. Honestly, how can you expect people to be all nicey-nice with reviews wehn yuo wirte lkie this. Go over your story. Spell check DOES NOT find and fix everything for you. Do you think that Stephanie Meyer would be allowed to get away with that… would we have read her books if they were unedited? No.

            o Also, authors please do not expect your readers to read you profile prior to reading. Yes, this has to do with the review that I left. Apparently, I am supposed to read your profile so I know why you can’t spell or just don’t give a fuck. If I can’t get through your story… how the hell am I supposed to get through your excuses? This brings me to my next point…

           o DON’T MAKE EXCUSES. If you know you have problems in certain areas, for any given reason, strive to fix them. Don’t go in for fifteen chapters and expect no one to point out your flaws.

• To all the reviewers out there in the fandom, this is for you. If an author states they accept cc, DON’T DO IT. Save yourself the hassle and just stop reading. Seriously. I left some cc for one person the other day and I got my ass chewed out.

          o Next, readers, please leave some real feedback. ‘Update soon. I love it,’ don’t really tell me jack diddly. What were your favorite parts/lines? What do you think will happen next? Honestly, anything is better than ‘update soon.’

          o Speaking of the ‘update soon’ thing… fanfiction writers are NOT paid writers. Chances are, they lead busy lives of their own and cannot afford to sit and write twenty-four hours a day. Now, some do have that time but I don’t. I juggle my own story, have a new one in the works, beta for someone, train horses, AND still go to school. I apologize if I don’t have time to ‘update soon.’

• To no one in particular, what the hell is the point of writing a story about a real person? I understand that we all have fantasies and dreams and all that about celebrities but why publish them? You don’t know the person so you don’t know how a person acts. It’s not real life… it’s all pretend. Unfortunately for me, the chances of Jackson Rathbone coming to sweep me off my feet are about the same chances I have of winning the Powerball lottery. Slim and fucking none. So why write about it? And to the people who read them… why? It’s not like it’s real. Are you hoping that somebody actually does know Robert Pattinson and has decided to give you some juicy gossip? I just don’t get it. At all.

• Okay last one, I promise. If you’re a landlord with a really old house… please update the plumbing prior to renting it out. My plumbing completely backed up for two days because of old, not up to date plumbing. Not cool.

Alright dear readers… or reader since I only have one follower, that’s all for this week’s musings. Hopefully this next week will be better.

1 comments:

Jazzella said...

I'm so with you there.
Especially on the plumbing. Once again I find myself trying to thaw out my bathroom...