Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Tuesdays Teaser: Chapter 8

Sorry for the lack of teaser last week! RL has been quite the big bitch lately... but here is the teaser for chapter 8. I hope y'all enjoy... the chapter should be finished and posted in a few days.

***

“Oh Belly Bean, don’t be ashamed of what you two did last night… and this morning. Ain’t nothing to be ashamed about with the way he was making you scream girl. Woo child!” he exclaimed, pretending to fan himself. I was almost positive that I was a lovely shade of beet root as I snuggled into Jasper’s side, trying in any way to hide myself from this torture. Jasper chuckled.

“You better not be laughing at me!”

“I wouldn’t do such a thing Darlin’. My momma raised me better.”

“I don’t believe you,” I said, smiling slightly.

There was a knock at the door and I could only assume it was Charlotte. I yelled for her to come in and when the door opened, I was surprised to see Peter following his wife. “Petey!” I exclaimed, running over to him and leaping into his waiting arms. He swung me around and I giggled like a giddy school girl.

“Hey Kitten!” Peter chuckled, setting me back down on my feet.

“Drew, I’d like you to meet Char’s other half, Peter. Peter, this is my roommate, Drew.”

For the first time since I’d met him, Drew was absolutely speechless as he looked at Peter. “Drew?”

Nothing.

“Earth to Drew.”

Still nothing.

“Oh my god! It’s Brad Pitt!” I yelled excitedly, pointing at the window. But he still wasn’t moving. His coffee cup was still halfway to his lips, frozen in place.

“Is he okay?” Charlotte asked and even I could feel her concern for her new friend.

“I think he has a crush on Peter,” Jasper said, amused. I walked over to Drew and waved my hand right in front of his face. There was no response.
“What the hell did you do to my roommate Peter?” I shrieked, knowing full well that Peter didn’t do anything.

“I didn’t do it Kitten, I swear!”

The only thing I could think of doing was our ‘in case of emergency’ move. We had agreed on said move when he first moved in and said in case anything happened and one of us was either a) hysterical or b) completely out of it, we should use ‘the move’. Neither of us had needed it in the past and I figured that this was about as much of an emergency as ever. I sighed before reeling my hand back and slapping him across the face.

“Oh!” Peter guffawed as Drew’s head whipped to the side. The coffee was sloshing out of the cup and my hand stung like a son-of-a-bitch. Charlotte and Jasper were trying to stifle their laughter. Peter on the other hand was laughing like it was going out of style.

“Did you just bitch slap me?” Drew said quietly, rubbing the now red cheek that I slapped.

“It was an emergency. You were practically catatonic,” I explained.

He looked over at Peter again and started blushing furiously. “Oh be still my beating heart!” he exclaimed, clutching his heart dramatically.

0 comments: