Tuesday, September 21, 2010

The Art of Redemption: Chapter 3 teaser

Hello my lovely readers!

I know...long time no post. Things have been a little crazy lately and I am slowly getting back on track. I don't know when the next chapter for LG will come, but I am working on it; it has been, yet again, reworked. Future events are changing and I have a million and one ideas running through that crazy thing I call a mind and it's just a matter of getting them out. Thank you all for being so patient...I hope that, in the meantime, you are all enjoying my new story!

Anyway, without further ado, the teaser for chapter 3 of TAoR!

***

I couldn’t help but agree with Peter though. Bella looked good tonight…Bella looked real good in them short Daisy Duke’s, tight tank top that was showin’ just the right amount of her pale skin and…fuck me, she was wearing cowboy boots. Her hair looked like she had just crawled out of my bed and ran her fingers through it.

Wait…what the fuck?

I continued to watch her, like I had done all week on the balcony outside her bedroom, and still couldn’t figure her out. She had completely changed from the girl I knew before. This Bella, the new Bella, had a quiet confidence that made her sexy as hell. But, she still had remnants of her old self. She still enjoyed reading classic novels, and her normal day-to-day attire hadn’t changed much.

“You do know your starin’ right?”

“Again, fuck off Peter.”

Bella continued to mix and serve drinks behind the bar until an older gentleman with graying hair approached her.

“I need ya on the floor tonight Bella.”

“The tips aren’t as good.”

“Molly wants to try her hand at tending bar.”

“She can do it on my nights off. You know that Drew and I are you’re best bartenders and were runnin’ on a full house.”

“I know but you know the rules, everyone gets an opportunity to tend bar if they want to. So, I need you out on that floor. End of discussion.”

Bella slammed down a shot glass, nearly breaking it, and walked out from around the bar, out into the crowd, glaring at a petite red-head on her way.

BPOV

The club was quickly reaching its Friday night potential and Drew and I were working non-stop behind the bar mixing drinks and slinging beers left and right. Aside from the occasional bar dance, that’s all I did. Friday night was country night here at Vamped so the sounds of country music were blaring through the speakers as people danced on the dance floor. Country night was always a crowd favorite among the above thirty crowd around here so tonight was filled mainly with thirty-something’s, always a plus for Drew and I as far as tips go.

I was in the middle of pouring a round of tequila for one table when my boss, Ray, approached me. Ray was older, mid fifties, with graying hair and a ‘bigger than the world’ attitude. But, Ray was also a fun and fair boss.

“I need ya on the floor tonight, Bella.” Well this was certainly different.

“The tips aren’t as good,” I stated matter-of-factly, still pouring tequila into the shot glasses.
“Molly wants to try her hand at tending bar.”

Molly was one of our new waitresses that Ray had hired. She was always overeager to be working the bar, my guess was to get closer to Drew because let’s face it; Drew is hot. But I didn’t really give a flying fuck what Molly wanted. “She can do it on my nights off. You know that Drew and I are your best bartenders and we’re runnin’ on a full house,” I said, trying to convince the man in front of me. He knew damn well that Drew and I were his best…we were the best because we worked so well together. We had a system…and it was motherfuckin’ golden.

“I know, but you know the rules, everyone gets the opportunity to tend bar if they want to. So, I need you out on that floor. End of discussion,” he said before walking off into the back office, passing Molly on his way. She had a smirk planted on her pretty little face. I slammed the shot glass that I was holding down onto the counter, nearly shattering it, while anger coursed through my veins. I walked the length of the bar, down to wear Molly was standing victoriously. I narrowed my eyes at her and her bout of victory seemed to falter slightly as I approached, “wipe that smirk off your face before I do it for you,” I hissed at her as I walked by and out into the crowd.

I didn’t particularly like working the floor. The tips weren’t as good and people were grabby; way to fucking grabby. I walked through the crowd around the bar and made my way to the tables.

When I finally made my way to the back table, there he was, looking very much like the ‘hot cowboy’ that Drew pegged him as. He was wearing a pair of dark wash jeans and a black button-up shirt with the sleeves rolled to his elbows, showing off his muscular forearms. I couldn’t help but smile when I saw him sitting there, smiling at me as I approached.

“You know we don’t serve O negative here, right?” I asked sarcastically, trying to keep the smile at bay.

“Oh, I’m sure someone here can help me,”

“Hands off the patrons,” I deadpanned and he laughed and I shortly joined him. “So what brings you here tonight?”

“Well, rumor has it that there’s a really pretty girl that I used to know that works here.”

“Oh really? You probably mean Sarah…unfortunately she doesn’t work Fridays.”

“Funny.”

“Seriously though, what are you doing here?” I asked again.

“I wanted to see you again,” he said with a sexy smirk. I used to accuse Edward of dazzling me…little boy had nothing on Jasper. All he had to do was give me that look and I was completely under his southern spell.

“Well, in that case, I’m off in two hours and we can catch up than. In the mean time, I have to ask, what can I get ya? And for the record, Bella blood is not on the menu.”
***

Well kiddos, that was it...a teaser. The chapter itself should be up in a few days.

0 comments: