Tuesday, September 7, 2010

The Art of Redemption: Chapter 1

The Art of Redemption

Chapter 1


Ow! Shit my eyes fucking burn!

My eyes were stinging and I furiously started blinking in an attempt to remove whatever was bothering them to no avail. I sat up in the huge bed and smiled as I looked at the twisted sheets beside me and the sleeping form of Jack?…Johnny?…Jim?…fuck it, it didn't matter. Whoever he was, he was sprawled out on his back with the sheets resting over his legs and hips but leaving his perfectly chiseled chest and abs exposed. His broad, muscular shoulders, rising and falling with every breath, made me lick my lips, remembering how I had licked, kissed, and felt all over his strong body.

Reluctantly, I tore my eyes from his chiseled body and looked at the nightstand to my right. It was only eight in the morning; we had only been asleep for a few short hours.

My eyes continued to burn with each blink and I realized I still had my crimson contacts in. No wonder my eyes had burned. I sat up and caught my reflection in the mirror across the room. My short hair was in complete disarray so I took my fingers and tried to quickly finger through it in a futile attempt to tame it.

I slid to the edge of the bed, carefully trying to not wake the sleeping form next to me. Thankfully, he didn't even stir. I ever so silently padded down the hall to the living room, following the trail of shed clothing towards the front door. Amongst the tossed men's shoes, jeans, boxers, and torn shirt, I found my lacy black panties.

My matching black lace bra was laying haphazardly on the coffee table and my black dress on the living room floor. I picked up my thigh high boots, clutch, and knee-length coat in the foyer and tiptoed to the bathroom. Turning on the bathroom light, I gasped at the person in the mirror.

Fuck, I look like hell!

My eye makeup was smudged horribly, my lips were red and swollen, and my eyes were dreadfully bloodshot. I opened my clutch and pulled out the container for my contacts and a small bottle of eye drops. I worked quickly and removed the offending contacts, placing them back into their container before dropping a few drops of eye solution in my eyes to ease the burn.

I quickly dressed, sans panties which were now stashed in my coat pocket. Holding my thigh highs and clutch in one hand, I tiptoed to the door, silently praying that whats-his-name would stay asleep. As I tiptoed towards the foyer, I winced as I saw the broken lamp, skewed pictures, couch cushions laying haphazardly in the living room, and a silk black tie lying across the back of the couch. Images of me blindfolded with whats-his-names shirt and tied to the coffee table with his tie flooded my mind.

God he was fun…

When I reached the door, I reluctantly turned the door knob. I silently slipped out of the apartment undetected and clicked the door shut behind me. I walked barefoot down the empty hall to the elevator. Once inside the elevator, I slipped on my thigh highs as I silently rode to the ground floor.

Once outside in the crisp autumn air, I flagged a cab and got in. The driver brazenly looked me up and down before saying, "rough night?"

"Just fucking drive, Asshole."

"Well aren't you in a mood. Where to, Princess?"

I gave the cabbie the name of my apartment building and rode in silence as he drove. As we pulled up to the apartment building, I fished a twenty out of my clutch and handed it to the driver. "Keep the change," I said as I exited the cab.

I walked past the main office and to the stairs as I started walking the three flights of stairs. Once I reached my room, I fumbled with my keys before reaching the right one and effortlessly slid it into the lock and twisted. I slowly opened the door, praying to God that it would be empty. But I, Bella Swan, have no such luck.

"It's about fucking time you got back!" my roommate Drew shouts from the couch.

"Nice to see you too," I mumbled as I set my keys down on the counter in the kitchen. "Did you at least make coffee?"

"It's in the coffee pot."

"Good," I said, making my way to the coffee pot. I grabbed a coffee pot from the cupboard and poured a cup. I grabbed the sugar and creamer and dumped them in before stirring. I grabbed my cup of coffee and silently made my way to the table, where Drew had moved to.

"So…" he started as I sat down across from him.

"So…?"

"How was he?" he asked with a big shit eating grin.

"God, Drew! Can I at least have some coffee before I get the Spanish inquisition?" I said before taking a sip of my coffee.

"Okay, you had some. So, how was that fine hunk of man you went home with last night?"

"It was…" I started, trying to find the exact word, "satisfying."

"That's it, that's all you're gonna give me?" he whined.

"What do you want from me Drew? Do you want me to tell you how he tied me up and blindfolded me before fucking me senseless?" I asked coyly.

"Yea…that's what I want Bella. I want details! Did he really do that?"

"Yes…and then we played role reversal while I rode him into next week," I said with a smirk before taking another sip of my coffee. Drew just sat there speechless.

"So, are you going to see him again?"

"No. You know the rules; I don't fuck the same guy twice."

"God, Bella, you can be such a whore sometimes. You know that, right?"

"I must kindly disagree with you there. A whore would actively seek sex at every opportunity. I don't think one one-night stand a month counts as 'whorish'," I stated adamantly.

"We need to find you a man, my dear."

"Funny, didn't I say that exact same thing to you two months ago?"

"And I found one. He's a good man too."

"I know. You know I adore Kevin."

"So do I," he said as a big smile lit up his face. "But seriously Bella, we need to find you a man."

"I had one Drew. It didn't work out."

"That was what? Three years ago?"

"Four." I picked up my coffee cup and slid my chair back. I stood up silently and took my coffee cup to the sink, not saying another word before walking to my bedroom. Drew knew that we didn't talk about my love life. We didn't talk about it for a reason.

It's been four fucking years since I had my heart broke…twice. The first time was by none other than Edward fucking Cullen because apparently I wasn't good enough. The second time was by my best friend Jake who had betrayed me in the worst way possible. Shortly after my high school graduation, I moved here, to Albuquerque New Mexico, to get as far away from fucking Forks as possible. I had no reason to be there, no more family to tie me to the small, rainy town.

I slowly made my way to the master bathroom and stripped off my clothes. I turned the faucet to the right temperature and waited for the water to warm. Once warm, I stepped into the shower and let the hot water wash away my pity party and calm my nerves.

After I finished washing, I turned off the water and reluctantly stepped out of the shower. I wrapped a clean fluffy towel around my body as I made my way to the bathroom counter and plugged in my blow dryer. I quickly blow dried my short hair and let it lay naturally; I would style it later for work.

After doing my hair, I made my way back to my bedroom and got dressed into a simple pair of jeans, a long sleeve t-shirt, and a worn pair of black converse.

Bella Swan, some things never change.

It was a simple, boring outfit; but what did I care, it's not like I was working. No, my work wardrobe was completely different. My work wardrobe was what skanks were made of; tiny shorts, dresses, and leather pants. A complete one-eighty from my normal attire. And tonight, I would put on the small clothing like I did every weekend, shake my ass, and mix drinks. Despite popular belief, I loved my job. The pay and tips were amazing and I've met some pretty interesting fucking people, including my roommate Drew.

A soft knock at my door broke me from my internal monologue.

"Bella?" Drew's soft voice carried through the door.

"Go away."

"Bella?"

"Go away Drew!"

"Don't make me bust this door down woman!" he screamed while jiggling the locked handle.

"Bitch, you do and die!" I yelled, trying my hardest to not laugh.

"You won't hurt me Bells."

"Are you really willing to bet your life on that one?"

"I am."

I smiled as I got off my bed and walked over to unlock the door. I tentatively opened the door, just a crack, and peeked at Drew. "What do you want?"

"Can I come in?"

"No."

"Then can you open the door?"

"No."

"Please?" he said as he gave me 'the pout.'

"Fine," I huffed like a five year old throwing a temper tantrum. I opened the door and crossed my arms over my chest. "What?" Before I could protest, Drew wrapped his strong arms around me and pulled me close to him.

"I'm sorry I upset you."

I felt the break in my resolve as I hugged him back. "I forgive you," I mumbled into his chest. "I'm sorry for acting like a five year old."

"Don't worry about it. You know I just want you to be happy, right?"

"I am happy. Drew, I don't need a man to be happy."

"You're right, you don't," he said as he led me out to the living room. "Stay here, I know what we need," he said as he went to where our sound system was. He quickly plugged in is IPod and scrolled through his songs before finally choosing. Almost immediately, the sounds of I Don't Need A Man by the Pussycat Dolls started blaring from the speakers.

"You're serious?" I asked, incredulous.

"Of course!" he exclaimed, grabbing my hands and forcing me to dance with him. I rolled my eyes and couldn't hold back a smile. And just like that, we were tight once again.



"Come on woman! You're gonna make us late!" Drew called as he drug me behind him on our way to work.

"Sorry, I can't run that fast in these heels Drew!" I yelled back at him.

"How many times have I told you, Bella, you're supposed to wear comfortable shoes until we get to work. Then put on your damn heels!"

"Sorry! Jesus Drew, sometimes I swear you're the woman in this fucking relationship! Don't forget, I'm not the reason we're running late Mr. My-hair-has-to-be-perfect!"

"Quit complaining Bella, you took just as long on your hair as I did on mine!"

"Whatever, Asshat, let's just hurry and get there. You're really starting to get on my last nerve."

"You know you love me."

"You're right," I said as we rounded the corner to the club. We worked at Vamped, the hottest nightclub in Albuquerque as bartenders. I always laughed at the irony. We made our way in through the back entrance and quickly set up for the busy night ahead of us.

JPOV

I finally caved; Peter and Char had wanted to go out for months and I had finally caved. We had been living in Albuquerque for the last eight months living off the scum of humanity in this godforsaken desert, always sticking to the shadows as we hunted.

After my separation with Alice, my other family, my real family, had generously allowed me to tag along with them. I honestly wasn't sure how much longer they were going to put up with my ass, but I couldn't bring myself to leave. After the incident on Bella's eighteenth birthday, things just weren't the same. Alice started pulling away from me and I just couldn't take it anymore. I was done with the family's looks of pity and I was tired of pretending to be someone I wasn't. I was tired of being the weak fucking link. So I left.

"Are you still fucking moping around? I swear to fucking God, you need to get laid," Peter said as he sauntered into my room. "You ready yet?"

"Let's just get this shit over with. Where the fuck are we going anyway?"

"Fuck if I know. Char wants to dance so wherever my wife says we're going, we go. Who knows, maybe you'll find someone to remove that stick from your ass."

"Fuck you, Peter."

We all piled into Peter's truck and headed towards the city. Char was up for some dancing so we were trying to find a local club, despite my protests. We parked in an empty lot and started walking towards Albuquerque's night life. After a while, we finally found a club with a long line out front.

"Vamped?" Char said as she looked at the sign that hung above the doorway. "What do you think, this place could be fun. It looks really popular."

Peter put his arm around his wife, "babe, this looks like just the place we're looking for," he said before kissing her forehead.

After getting into the crowded club, we found a booth off in one of the corners, not too far from the dance floor. A waitress wearing a pair of tight jeans and a black halter top came over to take our drink order. Peter and I both ordered beers that would sit untouched and Char ordered a cosmopolitan, stating that they looked 'cute' and that the women in the movies always ordered them.

Our waitress came back shortly after and placed our drinks in front of us. Peter stood up from the table and held his hand out to Charlotte, "let's go dance." She willingly took his hand before he led her to the dance floor, leaving me alone at our table.

Def Leppards 'pour some sugar on me,' started playing and a commotion at the bar caught my attention. Four women, one of which was our waitress, hopped up on the bar counter and began dancing to the song. They started shimmying and swinging their hips to the beat of the song, slowly dancing their way to either end of the bar where a pole was mounted to the bar and went to the ceiling of the club on each side.

My eyes went to the girl farthest to the right who was now wrapping her leg around the pole and swinging around dancing. I watched as she expertly lifted herself and swung around, over the crowd below before once again landing on the bar. The crowd started cheering louder as the chorus of the song came and the other girl at the same end started pouring drinks on the brunette as she continued to dance around the pole. She looked so familiar, but I couldn't quite place her. The face was the same, but everything else was all wrong. Besides, the only person I could think of was the one person it couldn't be. The person I was thinking of was far too shy and way to clumsy to be dancing like that.

My jaw dropped when the girl's scent wafted over to me above the crowd. It was the one scent I would never forget. Freesia; the one scent that made my life spiral downhill. There was no mistaking that this was none other than Bella Swan. But apparently she wasn't the same little girl my adopted family had left years ago.

She was still slim but she had gained her womanly curves in all the right places. Her hair was also a lot shorter than it was before and styled in a mohawk on the top of her head with the front of it hanging down the front of her face. She was wearing a black crop top that was showing her ample cleavage and some extremely short black shorts and fishnet leggings with a pair of heeled thigh high boots. What threw me the most though, was the bright crimson color of her eyes.

"See something you like?" Peter chuckled as he and Char took their seats.

"It's her," I said as I continued to watch Bella, who was now dancing suggestively with one of the other girls, without an ounce of her trademark blush in sight.

"Who?"

"Bella fucking Swan."

"No shit? Where?"

"There," I said, pointing to the tantalizing brunette on the bar.

BPOV

I hopped off the bar as soon as the song finished. It was the first dance of the night and I already knew, after that performance, there would be more.

"Good job B, that was pretty fucking hot!" Drew shouted above the crowd as he poured two shots of tequila and slid one over. I held up the shot towards him said 'cheers' and threw it back without the salt and lime.

"Thanks, I needed that," I said as I slid him the empty glass.

I continued pouring and mixing drinks until my break. "I'm stepping outside for some air," I called to Drew over the music. He nodded his head as he continued mixing a cosmo.

I made my way out back and the crisp Albuquerque air instantly cooled me off. I didn't know how long I stared out into the night sky, but I was suddenly startled when I heard a smooth, velvety voice behind me. A voice that was too smooth…too velvety and all too fucking familiar.

"It's been awhile, Bella."

I stopped breathing and my heart sped up as I slowly turned around, praying to god I wasn't right about who stood behind me. But again, I wasn't so lucky because I found myself staring into the crimson eyes of none other than Jasper Hale.

"Get the fuck away from me."
...
There ya'll have it, the first chapter of my new story. Hope ya'll enjoyed it as I posted it here, my blog, before I posted it anywhere else.

0 comments: