Friday, August 20, 2010

Fic-Rec Fridays

This week's fic rec is breaking out of my normal Bella/X pairings. But, I couldn't help it! This one is fascinating and about one of the 'underdog' couples that we all love but never really hear anything about.

Carmen's Story by Camilla

Pairing: Carmen/Eleazar

Rating: NC-17

Why I love it: Simple. It breaks out of my norm. I love the backstory that she has created for Carmen; from the war to even, essentially, being a sex slave. Although Carmen has a tragic backstory, it was tastefully written.

I also adore her Eleazar. He's such a gentleman. This story takes place from Carmen's change to the time that she and Eleazar decide to leave the Volturi and it is refreshing to read how their love blossoms and the change in Eleazar. She has him feeding in more privacy rather than the throne room massacres.

Lastly, I love that it is only two chapters. But, in those two chapters, you really get all that you need to. I believe that a sequel is in the works and I cannot wait to read it!

Complete: Yes

0 comments: