Friday, August 6, 2010

Fic-Rec Fridays

Well...it's Friday again. So, that means another fic-rec!


Lately it seems to be much harder to find a well-written and well-developed fic on FanFiction.Net that I have not read. It seems that more people are writing fics that either someone elses better written one, or they just ramble and are not developed (more on this at a later date). So, I have been spending most of my fic-reading time on Twilighted.


I have always been a big fan of non-canon Bella pairings and that is predominately what I read these days (even though I currently have two stories with an E/B pairing) and this last week as been no different. This week, I'm bringing you a Carlisle/Bella pairing which is one of my favorite non-canon pairings, second (just barely) only to Jasper/Bella.


An Unexpected Lady by JosieSwan

Pairing: Carlisle/Bella

Rating: NC-17

Summary: After Edward leaves Bella in New Moon, a wish sends Bella back to Jane Austen's England, where she meets a familiar face, Carlisle Cullen, whose control is not as we know it in 2010. Knowing his secret, will she be the end to his lonliness?

Why I love it: Even though it is only three chapters in, it seriously captivates me. This was the first time-travel fic that I have read and it has led me to read others. JosieSwan has done an amazing job and capturing the essence of 1815 England and I adore the budding relationship between Bella and Carlisle. Not to mention, the story is well written and has a humongous amount of potential. I think that the author has captured Carlisle Cullen perfectly and I love how she has Bella sneaking hints about the future without changing it like I have seen in other fics that I started reading.

This, in my opinion, is one of those fics that you find yourself silently, or not so sliently, begging the author to update as soon as possible.

Complete: No

And for those wondering...yes, I am working on updating Letting Go. So sorry for the delay!

0 comments: