Sunday, January 30, 2011

The Quick n Dirty preview of TAoR chapter 9

Nope... I'm not dead. Kind of seems like it though with how quiet I've been right? Well, I promise I'm not. Here is a quick n dirty (ie short and unedited) teaser of The Art of Redemption chapter 9: Uninvited Houseguests.

***

Alice POV

“We’re going to New Mexico,” I announced to Carlisle and Esme as I walked into Carlisle’s study.
“And why are we going to New Mexico?” my father asked.

“To save our family; we leave the day after tomorrow when everyone else gets back,” I said, turning to walk out.

“All of it?” Esme asked hopefully, she had missed Bella terribly and even without my ex-husband’s gift, I could feel her longing. But I couldn’t give her a definitive answer; there were too many variables and too many different outcomes.

“I hope so.”

I quietly walked to my room. I could hear Esme and Carlisle discussing our upcoming holiday in New Mexico. Esme was ready to go in, scoop Bella up and never let go. But it wouldn’t be easy. Bella wouldn’t trust us and every vision I had of Thanksgiving showed Bella walking away from all of us, even Jasper. And I didn’t know how to stop it.

I couldn’t blame her though. Four years ago, we all walked away from her and seemingly never looked back. I checked on her from time to time to see how she was coping and was happy to see what a beautiful young woman she has transformed into. But it wasn’t easy for her to get there.

I knew it wasn’t going to be.

I had seen the results of us leaving before we had even left. Her father’s murder, her mother’s and stepfather’s murder… all of it. But most importantly, I saw that us leaving led her to Jasper which outweighed all the bad. Had we never left; they would have never ‘found’ each other and their destiny would have never been fulfilled.

Something big was coming. And it would be because of Jasper and Bella’s love that we would all survive. Without them, we would surely perish.

***

0 comments: